Thursday, May 21, 2009

A vacation equals more smoking

I got some vacation, it is actually a go-to-province trip to spend some time with friends and relatives. it was quite a good one for the family, actually it is my wife's province, and with her relatives we did some of the stuff that men do, we drink! We almost drank every other day and of course you know what usually happens to a smoker during a drinking session. I got lost of tracking how many cigarettes I have consumed and I presumed it is pretty darn many.

I really don't know what's with this beer drinking , or whatever drinks that makes you drunk goes hand-in-hand with cigarette smoking (at least for me, that's one of my problem!), some of my drinking buddies then don't even smoke, others do also. And as much as I remember (in one instance), I even smoke their brand of cigarette which I don't usually like (we are of different brand of cigarettes) 'cause I have consumed mine and it is a pack (whey!). Well, I guess I've lost control, that what being drunk is.

why did I smoke that much:
  • I have a drinking buddy who smoke that much
  • It feels good while drinking but not in the morning (you can feel you're chest complaining!)
  • They even light a cigarette for me (how thoughtful! or evil LOL!)
  • I forgot that I have a self-project on Quit smoking
Well, at least it is over now, and can get back to work on cutting those cigarettes consumption per day. I normally drink with my friend at least once per month (that one has to be monitored!). One lesson I found, is that you always got to have control of yourselves before its too late, Control is the Key. I think if we can fully control ourselves that is the best start on quitting cigarette smoking. Lets look for that control not the TV remote control.

No comments:

Post a Comment