Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To our Great Mothers

Last Sunday was a celebrated day to all mothers, it is a great way to recognize them. It is called Mother's Day. We all may have different mothers but one thing for sure they really do care a lot to all their sons and daughters, in all their different ways. I don't live with my parents, I do have a family now and we celebrate it (my wife and son) by going out. We strolled on a Mall, while greeting our parents on the celebrated day through our cellphone. Good thing there's a cellphone they have become a necessary device rather than just a necessity. I've refrain smoking on the mall cause it is not allowed and I was busy sight-seeing, these are the times when I get to limit my nicotine intake (good for me!).

I remember the first time my Mother saw me smoking a cigarette, although I did smoke some during college days but it was when I am already working that she get to formally saw me ( it was intentional, see MoM I'm a grown up, LOL!). My mother was not infuriated by that, I think because my father also smoke cigarettes-once a chain smoker but already quit, age and health almost caught up on him, but she's kinda disappointed, she just made a tiger look on Dad as if saying "it must be your fault". But you know mothers they can really get to your skin, every time we met (that is on occasions only), there would be a non-stop motherly advice on quitting to smoke, and some scary stories that she would always brought up related to cigarette smoking, you know what they say "Mother's knows best!".

Listening to our mothers is not always a nag, I remember my father saying that you'll fully understand when you grow up. Yes, I understand now, the need of a mother that we normally take for granted, they are the person that will really come running when we are in trouble on whatever age you are, I really Love my Mother. I did make her proud, I graduated from college and now working and living on my own. I think I would make her prouder if I could just show her that I've stop smoking, that would really put a smile on my Family and to my MOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment