Saturday, May 30, 2009

Safe Cigarettes for Smoking?



Quit Smoking! I do wonder whether Lights, Ultra Lights and menthol cigarettes are safer than a full flavored cigarettes. Because I did switch to a lights brand of my cigarette, hoping to lessen the effect of cigarette smoking to my health and to eventually help me Quit Smoking, but do they. What are lights cigarettes? Do they really differ in a full flavored one in terms of smoking caused diseases?

These are the differences of lights to full flavored:

  • Physical appearance
  1. lights filters cover is color white, full flavored arecork-patterned paper.
  2. lights filters have tiny pin holes they called filter vents.
  3. Tobacco content (and chemicals of course) are same in quantity for lights and full flavored.

  • Smoking Effects
  1. lights cigarettes burned faster, I guess because of the paper.
  2. lights cigarettes are less irritation to throat, because of the filter vents it is supposed to dilute the smoke with air that causes it to be less dense.
  3. with lights cigarettes, more number of cigarettes will be consumed because less nicotine are taken and smoker will tend to satisfy their (our) cravings.
Even though there are claims that lights cigarettes are less harmful than a full flavored one or just a marketing strategy of the cigarette manufacturer. In reality there is really none, it
just feels more OK but it will just result to a more cigarette consumption to compensate the craving for nicotine. There is non that I know of a scientific or medical evidence that light cigarettes has less risk in developing cigarette smoking diseases, and never even heard of lights cigarettes can help someone to Quit smoking.

As for me, I will still stick to lights cigarette (i just like it!) and concentrate on lessening my consumption per day, until I can get finally on Quitting cigarette Smoking. Kill smoking cigarettes should be the ultimate goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment