Sunday, May 3, 2009

Reason to Quit Smoking

Besides from not wanting to die, of course we all are familiar with the effect, mainly through our respiratory system, there's mouth, throat, larynx and the lung that are all prone to cancer, also prone to stroke and other heart diseases.

Why not look at it at a monetary side, yes! you can save a lot,if you count in years and the years to come (it won't make you a millionaire - I hope so.). The money saved can be beneficial to you (just don't use it to by a pot!), calculate it yourself (cause I did - and from my computation, I could have be buying now a handsome digital camera!).

One day I left my pack of cigarette on our couch, when I get back I saw my five year old son sticking a cigarette on his mouth, of course I took it back and ask him not to cause it is bad (I didn't say it kills that too horrifying!). like any other child at that age would question why are you doing it if its bad, I just answer that I was bad but now trying to be good (I'd be quitting smoking!), then I open the TV to cartoons so that he may forget it (he will, he's just 5). I came to realize that the major factors that minors get the Idea of smoking is from adults smokers whom they know (neighbors, relatives, etc) and who didn't even realize that they are the no.1 advertiser and promoter of cigarette smoking. I tried to hide smoking cigarette to kids, but I think its no good. it just got to stop, when? I still don't know, but its never too late and we might save some minors going through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment