Friday, May 1, 2009

Friends and Doctor


For all cigarette smokers out there (including me!), if you're not gonna stop smoking eventually it will kill you unless you die of another cause (lucky you!), it will caught up on us. Better do something before it hits you!. Yeah, we all have some dumb reason why we continue smoking, why did I even start? let me see, oh yes! at first I thought that it was cool, well it is still cool smoking around with my peers (some of them smoke too) specially during a Friday night drinking session smoking is endless. I started at the end year of my college, 1 stick from a friend turns to 2 then 3, then I started buying a pack for myself. When I started to work there's even a smoking room for all damn smokers, smoking continues while chatting during a coffee break with a cigarette. All at the smoking room (or death chamber, yikes!) feels more masculine and smart (LOL!). Not even a slightest fear of what cigarette smoking can bring us, there are sort of dumber excuse that smoking can't affect them (so they say).
  • they exercise a lot, toxins are washed away by sweat
  • they drink a lot of water
  • they took vitamins (vitamin C or ascorbic)
  • they eat a lot of fruits
  • And the best one is, their Grandfather died after quiting smoking
It is all a lame excuse smoking cigarettes is smoking and that's period. I've once talk to a doctor (a cardiologist) who is looking after my blood pressure, he ask me if I smoke, I said yeah, and to cover my guilt, I said well I used to smoke a pack a day now it's just 10 sticks/day, his reply is not some kind of a doctor-like, he didn't say quit smoking now!. The good doctor says " It doesn't matter, One day you'll just stop smoking", then I asked how's that? he told me that "one day you would not be able to light a cigarette because of a stroke!" (what a motivation! and a bummer!). Well I get what he's trying to say that it is all up to me to quit smoking. Just like any other AD campaign they are just reminding us.

No comments:

Post a Comment